Our Greentech South Cluster is the first UK cluster to join the International Cleantech Cluster.
Find out more about the offers here: www.greentechsouth.com
Our 5th Annual Conference is over
Business opportunities from the Growth of Future South
Our 5th Annual Conference took place on 4th November 2016 in the Guildhall Winchester.
The programme and delegate list can be found here:Future South 5th Annual Conference Programme
More than 200 visitors heard:
- Our Key Note Speaker, Sir Vince Cable, a key leader in the last Govt. Sir Vince outlining his vision of the post Brexit/Trump landscape and made important announcements regarding the Hampshire Community Bank
- Secured finance opportunities for their projects
- Learnt how Greentech South members have been supported to win funds, loans and contacts
- Find out which projects our Energy team are bringing to the South
- Networked with like-minded businesses and academics
- Found who the winner of the David Green award :
Creating a low carbon economy with Future South
Future Solent was set up to secure business growth and jobs through supporting the development of a low carbon economy. Our mission remains the same but our boundaries are widening to reflect the demand for our support and the opportunities that exist to form networks and business collaboration within the Solent and the South of England. We still remain a strong triple helix partnership organisation – with the active involvement and backing of the region’s Businesses, Universities and Public Sector. We are confident that through this change, there will be even more benefit for the Solent economy and for other parts of Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey and West Sussex.
Keep up to date with news and opportunities and follow us on Twitter @FutureSouth_org (please note we’ve updated our Twitter name from our previous one, @Futuresolent) and you will be the first to hear of new funds, new projects, new opportunities, new products and new supply chain providers.
There is a growing “green economy” in the South with many strengths emerging in research & development, environmental technologies, energy, waste and construction. Future South aims to capitalise on these strengths to promote further development of the green economy, and with it, economic growth and jobs.